This Blog is being set up to chart our progress through Delcastle Technical High School Library’s Learning 2.0. program.
We are using the model ‘Learning 2.0, 23 Things‘ which was developed by the Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenberg County.
The program stretches over 9 weeks, but you may complete it sooner than that. Below, you will see details on that week’s session.
This is DTHS’s version of the list of exercises in the 23 Things Learning 2.0. Go ahead and get started. Be sure to read the statement at the end of this post.
- Week 1: Introduction
- Read this blog & find out about the program.
- Discover a few pointers from lifelong learners and learn how to nurture your own learning process.Week 2: Blogging
- Set up your own blog & add your first post.
- Register your blog on PLCMC Central and begin your Learning 2.0 journey.Week 3: Photos & Images
- Explore Flickr and learn about this popular image hosting site.
- Have some Flickr fun and discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites.
- Create a blog post about anything technology related that interests you this week.Week 4: RSS & Newsreaders
- Learn about RSS feeds and setup your own Bloglines newsreader account.
- Locate a few useful library related blogs and/or news feeds.Week 5: Play Week
- Play around with an online image generator.
- Take a look at LibraryThing and catalog some of your favorite books.
- Roll your own search tool with Rollyo.Week 6: Tagging, Folksonomies & Technorati
- Learn about tagging and discover a Del.icio.us (a social bookmaking site)
- Explore Technorati and learn how tags work with blog posts.
- Read a few perspectives on Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and the future of libraries and blog your thoughts.Week 7: Wikis
- Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways that libraries are using them.
- Add an entry to the Learning 2.0 SandBox wiki.
Week 8: Online Applications & Tools
Take a look at some online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.
- Explore any site from the Web 2.0 awards list, play with it and write a blog post about your findings.
Week 9: Podcasts, Video & Downloadable audio
- Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow users to upload and share videos.
- Discover some useful search tools for locating podcasts.
- Take a look at the titles available on NetLibrary and learn how to download audiobooks.
- Summarize your thoughts about this program on your blog.
* This list of “things” can also be found on the 43Things website. Note: This project is loosely based upon the website 43Things (which allows you to set and track personal goals) and the Stephen Abram article titled 43 Things I (or You) might want to do this year (Information Outlook – Feb 2006).